Waste and Recycling
Recycle electronics, appliances, mattresses, and more in 2019 at drop-off events with free and reduced prices (also includes free paper shredding)! Reduced wait times at our new location! These events will all be hosted at Green Lights Recycling, 1525 99th Lane NE in Blaine, MN, on:
January 12, 9 am-12 pm
March 9, 9 am-12 pm
May 11, 9 am-12 pm
July 13, 9 am-12 pm
September 14, 9 am-12 pm
November 9, 9 am-12 pm
September 14, 9 am-12 pm
Curbside Recycling: What You Need to Know
Click Here for a List of What Can Go in Your Curbside Recycling. Can't find what you're looking for? Check this list for how to dispose of items that can't be recycled curbside, such as yard waste, electronics, and bulky items.
Click here for a map to determine your recycling zone and day or search for your address online in Property Information Search. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call us at (763) 572-3594.
You can also get text message reminders on your recycling week (standard data rates apply):
For residents in the grey recycling zone, text grey to 292929
For residents in the blue recycling zone, text blue to 292929
Free Upgrade to Larger 96 Gallon Recycling Carts
If you need additional space for cardboard or other recycling, call the City Recycling Coordinator at 763-572-3594 or email email@example.com with your address. You may request a larger cart or an additional cart at no additional cost.
Additional Information about Curbside Recycling
- You do not need to sort recycling, all recyclable items can go in the cart.
- Extra cardboard that doesn't fit in the recycling cart can be flattened, tied with twine, and set next to your recycling cart for pick-up. Ensure that your cardboard is not set out on a day when it will get wet.
- Place recycling loose in the cart, items contained in tied off plastic bags might get thrown out.
- Ensure that recyclables are clean, empty and dry so that they don't contaminate other items in the recycling truck. Contaminated loads get sent to the trash.
- Don't put plastic bags into the recycling cart .Check your local grocery store - many collect plastic bags for recycling. Visit www.plasticfilmrecycling.org to learn what these stores collect.
Need to set up garbage and yard waste pick-up service? For residential service, the following companies are licensed service providers. Weekly garbage service is required by code.
|Ace Solid Waste||763-427-3110|
|LePage and Sons||763-757-7100|
|Walters Recycling and Refuse||763-780-8464|
If you are looking for construction waste, a roll-off, apartment recycling, or commercial recycling, check the list of licensed garbage haulers to set up service.
Yard waste is a separate service contracted for with your garbage company and is optional because residents could also take yard waste to the Bunker Hills Compost site in Coon Rapids or practice at-home composting to create a reusable product for flower beds and vegetable gardens! The City does not pick up yard waste or Christmas trees.