Planning & Zoning
What We Do . . .
The Planning Department has 6 main objectives:
- An educated public that understands the intent and benefits of code compliance.
- A proactive staff that recommends solutions to discrepancies, unfair, or outdated portions of the City Code to protect the public interest.
- A property trained, consistent and efficient staff which utilizes current technologies and systems to provide excellence in customer service.
- A cooperative relationship with our surrounding communities and all levels of government.
- Sustainable businesses whose growth or new establishment in the City is supported and encouraged when their placement in the community meets zoning code requirements and is in the public's best interest.
- A healthy balance between Fridley's natural environment and development.
Planning and Zoning Division Services
- Zoning and neighborhood planning assistance - View Zoning Map
- Comprehensive planning
- Area master plans/neighborhood developments
- Development plan review and coordination
- Planning Commission and Appeals Commission hearing process
- Subdivision of property
- Special Use Permit and Variance review
- Code enforcement
- Natural resource protection
We are happy to answer questions on past, current, and future development, zoning, building code changes, home occupations, business signage, and variances to the codes.
Main Number 763-572-3592
Fax Number 763-571-1287
Discover More about Our Current Projects
Although Fridley is a fully developed city, we haven't stopped growing! Worldwide industries are investing in their sites. Old properties are being torn down and new structures are put in place. Discover more about how the planning department is making Fridley a desirable place to live and work for generations to come.
Read about the Current Projects.