Home Improvements and Loans
Programs of Center for Energy and Environment (CEE)
The Fridley Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) provides a variety of housing rehabilitation programs to help Fridley residents maintain and improve their homes and apartments. The following is a summary of the programs available.
Home Improvement Loans
Dreaming of a new kitchen? Have emergency repairs? Fridley offers a variety of loan programs to help you with home improvements, both internal and external.
- Residential Home Improvement Loans (single-family)
- Mobile Home Improvement Loans
- Multi-Family Exterior Loans (2-4 unit properties)
- Emergency Deferred Loans
Free Remodeling Advisor Visits
Not sure where to begin? This FREE service for Fridley homeowners includes a visit to your home to assist with remodeling ideas, evaluate necessary repairs and improvements, and assist with reviewing bids. Call 612-244-2470 to schedule an appointment.
Home Energy Squad Enhanced Visits
Save Money and Energy in Your Home! A $50 investment in your home could save you hundreds!
What to expect:
- Installation of energy saving materials such as: door weather-stripping, a programmable thermostat, LED light bulbs, a water heater blanket, and high efficiency water fixtures.
- Perform a blower door test to measure your home for air leaks.
- Complete an insulation inspection.
- Perform safety checks on your heating system and water heater.
- Recommend cost-effective energy upgrades.
- Leave you with a report that serves as a road map for next steps you can take to make your home more energy efficient.
This home visit also qualifies you for utility rebates, as well as access to specialized energy financing. Click here to schedule an appointment online or call 612-228-6220.
This program is provided by CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy in partnership with Center for Energy and Environment (CEE), a local non-profit, and supported by the Fridley HRA.
Housing Replacement Program
The Fridley HRA has purchased 31 properties and 23 homes have been built under the Housing Replacement Program first established by the MN Legislature in 1995. Click here for more information on this program.
Home Improvement Demonstration
The Fridley Housing and Redevelopment Authority purchased two houses for the Home Improvement Demonstration Program. These homes underwent remodeling and residents were invited to see the transformation through a series of three open houses - before, during and after.
Anoka County offers additional information for homeowners and renters, including home buying information, additional finance programs, fair housing, senior housing, foreclosure prevention and more.