Winterfest Medallion Hunt
The Winterfest medallion hunt will be held at Springbrook Nature Center on Saturday, January 23rd from Noon to 4:00 pm. Clues will be released every 30 minutes until 3:00 pm. Clues will be released on the newsfeed below and the City's and Springbrook's Facebook pages. There will be a $100 cash prize for the finder of the medallion.
Winterfest Passport Experience
The Passport is the perfect excuse to get outside and enjoy a variety of winter activities ranging from sledding to snowshoeing to custom obstacle courses! Eighteen City parks (including Springbrook Nature Center) will be included on the passport; check in at at least five and receive some cool gear as prizes! Passports will be available in three ways: using your phone, as a printable version on website, or for pick up at City Hall or Springbrook Nature Center during business hours.
Here’s How It Works:
During the course of the event, January 23-31, visit any five (or more if you wish) of the participating parks and complete one or more of the featured activities. Then, find the main park sign where a Passport poster is attached to the back. Some parks have two signs, in which case both will have the poster. You will only need to visit one as they have the same information. The Passport does not need to be completed in one day. In fact, we prefer you spread your visits out over the course of the week. I.e. snowshoeing at Springbrook on Sunday, sledding at Commons on Tuesday, etc.
Passports can be completed via the mobile passport or the paper passport.
Mobile Passport Version using QR code scans:
- A QR code will be listed on the poster.
- Scan the code using your phone’s QR code reader (or download a QR reader app).
- You will be redirected to the City’s website to complete three questions: name of park, the activity completed, email address. This information helps us verify visits.
- Once five park submissions have been made, you will receive a congratulatory email inviting you to retrieve your prize pack (one per family).
Paper Version using poster passwords:
- Passports will be available on this page for you to print out at home OR available for pick up at Springbrook Nature Center (100 85th Ave, NW) or City Hall (7071 University Ave NE) during business hours. Springbrook is open on weekends.
- Grab a pen and head out to the parks!
- A password will be listed on the Passport poster. Fill in the fields on the passport, one of which is the password.
- Once five parks have been visited, submit via:
- Springbrook Nature Center or City Hall – prize pack will be given to you (one per family)
- Take a photo and email to: Recreation@FridleyMN.gov – stop by Springbrook or City Hall to pick up prize pack (one per family)
Parks and Activities
Here is the complete list of featured activities and participating parks, January 23-31. Some activities are date/time specific, please plan accordingly. Please note, circumstances outside of our control (weather, vandalism, etc.) may lead to certain activities not being available at particular times. The Recreation Division is monitoring activities in an effort to keep this from happening.
Here's what you can expect: Park Activities
Free Snowshoe Rental
During the event, free snowshoe rental will be available for up to six people (valid Jan 23-31 only). Currently, walk-in shoe rental is not available and shoes must be reserved in advance by calling 763-572-3588. To receive the free rentals, use the verbal code ‘Winterfest’ when calling to reserve.
*Snowshoes are available for use within Springbrook Nature Center only.
**Special thanks to the Fridley Lions Club for their generous donation which makes this event possible.
**Thanks to Winterfest Partners: Anoka Co Library Mississippi Branch, Coon Creek Watershed District, Master Gardeners, Boy Scouts, Fridley ECFE, Cool2BKind